Sunday, June 8, 2014

GTS WK1 Project: Transmedia Fairy Tale

Hi Class,

            This was a lot of fun for a first attempt. It really gives a good measure for how much goes into some of the bigger projects we have been learning about. Threading the elements together really is a lot more organic then I imagined. Each of the elements sort of gives an opening to tie it to another part of the story.
            I can see how working with a larger team and a longer timeline can open up the possibilities. There are a few elements that I want to know more about. The web comic was a good experiment but I want to check out some of the other programs and see if any have more freedom. I was limited to three panels and only had a small pool of graphics to choose from. I was still able to tell the story but it would have been nice to have actual goats and a troll.
            I feel pretty comfortable with the podcast element and if I had some more time I might try to work in a video element. The Scavenger hunt is what I was most excited about. This gets at the heart of transmedia story telling by getting the audience involved. Of course tracking the hunt and adding back it into the story would come with participation.

            I know I have a ways to go but getting the project going and getting a feel for what is involved has gotten my creative juices flowing. I will definitely be working on one of these for a portfolio project.

- Ok So here are links to all the parts of my Transmedia story elements. The Story Board still has some elements that need to be filled in, but the are still a good part of the overall project. I changed the foundation of the story to a web comic, instead of a audio telling of the story. The audio element will be the podcast by the Big and Little goats.

1) Story Board for the project: Here

2) Podcast: Here

3) Billy Goat's Facebook Event: Here

4) Foundation
Comic Part 1:
Comic Part 2:
Comic Part 3:

5) Trolls LinedIn: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment