Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review

Klaus,
      It has been a real pleasure taking these classes with you. You have been an inspiration for me on a lot of these projects and I know whenever I review one of your projects I am going to learn something new.

Thanks and good luck to you in your future endeavors.
Addicus


       Klaus' Mock interview is here

       Reflect – The military life lends to a lot of great stories. It really shows how diverse we have to be on a daily basis. The questions you ask gave you openings to demonstrate your vast experience in the media field. Your video itself looks great the sound and lighting are great. I like that your interviewee was dressed nicer then your interviewer, it does make me think that I need to star wearing ties for these types of things. Having been in the military myself for so long and wearing a uniform, I need to start training myself on proper interviewing attire.
·       Inquire – I know it is often hard to talk about your strengths and weaknesses. I always think back to write my evaluations. I like your method of going with an obvious like your strong audio visual background and your language barrier, then adding one less obvious such as your strength of working in groups. It is also I great idea to show how your weakness caused a strength in another area, that is something I would like to work into my answers. Your answers are well thought out and feel genuine. The only suggestion I would make is to be careful of letting them run too long. I don’t me that you should edit your stories, just be sure to read the interviewer. A story that runs to long could be off setting to some, but could be a key selling point to another, especially for a customer service based job.
·       Suggest – It looks like you rehearsed a bit. This is a good thing. You mention that with the video you had the luxury of going back and doing some editing, and I totally agree. I had a few segments I needed to clean up. But that is what makes this tool so great. Even if we don’t know the exact questions we will be asked going into an interview we can practice from a pool of common questions. Going back and watching our practice will give us an idea of what our interviewer will see.

·       Elevate – Personal experiences will stick with someone a lot longer then vague generalities. I have sat many review boards in my time in the Military on both sides of the table. I can say that I will pick the heart-felt stories over the bland “tell-you-what-you-want-to-hear” every time. Your interview had lots of stories that showed your experience as a video expert, a leader, and a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment