Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 2 Practice: Network Email



Below is a sample letter requesting support from my professional acquaintances. It is not easy sifting through job searches and deciphering the ads to determent what the job really involves. Having a network of professional friends can make the task easier and could turn up something that’s not being advertised yet. Knowing how to ask for help is an important part of the networking process, these are the people that could be a link to your next career. Presenting yourself professionally to your friends is also good practice for presenting to a potential employer.

Greetings Friends,
                I will be entering into the job market again soon and am asking for some assistance in locating that perfect job. Please keep your eyes open and if you know of anything or something comes up that you think would fit please let me know.
                Recently I have worked with the US Navy and have had the opportunity to head up some great projects:
-          - Video Journaling. During the last year I shot a lot of video on my ship and compiled three videos and a “crew’s” book. These were for limited distribution to the Sailors and family onboard USS CHAFEE.
-          - United Through Reading. While at sea for six months I filmed sailors reading stories for their children and families back home. The videos were burned to DVD and sent home with a copy of the book.
-          - Crowd Funding Campaign. I put together a video, blog and social media advertising for a start-up company that was raising money through IndieGogo. This project was freelance from my day job with the Navy.
My ideal job would be Video Editing or Video Journalism, but I am keeping my search net wide. Preferably I want to create and edit short videos. This could include interviews, recaps, documentaries, or informational spots.
        I have looked at jobs with Zuffa (UFC) and the local news company. A few of the other companies I would be excited to work with include Apple, WWE, Amazon, or Boars Head. I like working in smaller groups, I know some of the companies listed are larger corporations but I know they have a reputation for producing quality work on a fast timeline.
Of course if you have any questions or comments about what I’m looking for or qualified for please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. If there is anything I can do for you now or in the future to return this favor please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thank you for your consideration
Very Respectfully


Addicus Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment