Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 2 Practice: Networking

In this assignment I looked at a few conference based around media and Journalism. These are the main areas I will be looking at when I am ready to join the civilian work force. Making these connections now could help foster a relationship that could lead to a career later. Knowing how to find these conferences and weeding through to find the good ones is something that needs practice.


The Hawaiian Media Makers conference was in October and hasn’t posted yet for this year. It looks like they invite a wide range of panelists from schoolteachers, filmmakers and journalists in the Oahu area. Tis would be nice when starting out because I don’t want to narrow myself too much and only look at one profession. Finding all of these professionals in one area would be perfect.



The society for Professional Journalists looks to have a lot of resources. It is a large organization that has been around since 1909. They have trainings, job searches, and smaller communities. It is the most comprehensive community I found. I will be keeping tabs on them. I feel a little over whelmed looking through what they have to offer, but the opportunities to make contact look vary promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment