Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Star Submission: Crowdfunding.



For this submission I am submitting a crowdfunding campaign I just ran. It was a little too ambitious in how much we were trying to raise but I think we had a good platform. For the campaign I created:
1) The cover photo of the octopus on stage using photoshop
     This was created in photo shop with a hand drawing of an octopus from one of the business founders, and they want to eventually use it in the companies logo. It was added to a proscenium because of the theater aspect of the center.
2) The Infographic using an online editor. Here.
     This was meant to be a road map to show potential investors of where we want to be throughout the year. In retrospect this was a cute idea but a link to the full business plan would have made it seem a little more serious.
3) the Video and Blog entries on Indiegogo.
     The video was shot in front of the location we want the business to go. We thought that by showing the state of the building and expressing our honest desires to help the neighborhood, we could get some local support. The video had great lighting because of the always reliable Hawaiian Sun, The sound was great because the traffic back in the area is minimal and we had very little noise to contend with. I tried to keep it short because I know that online attention spans are not long and I wanted it as more of a bait to get people to the Crowdfunding site. It was posted on YouTube and had a link to IndieGoGo.

4) And the Blog entries Here.
5) I Put out several announcements on Facebook and Twitter.
     My Facebook friends repost a few time and I put up 10 directed twitter posts. I need to do a lot of reading up on this so I can get some more movement.

We will do this again and I learned a few things that we can do better. I think our biggest down fall was the amount of money we were looking for. We found a new location and set our sights a little more realistic. The Video was ok but it will be shorter and more directed and I will dress more professionally. Daily blogs from both the owners instead of sporadic updates then none. Video interviews with some of the parents already involved in the center will be added. We will put a link to the full business plan and timeline along with fun infographics to liven up the page.  And of course the number one thing to do is learn to get the word out. I know y way around Facebook and Twitter but really using it to get a message out to a wide audience takes a lot of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment