Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Goal Setting

The skill I would like to would on the most is project management. I think although the film fest project is the most ambitious, it is also the one that will give me the most hands on experience. It will compel me to create and keep to a time line and require me to work with others to complete the project. It also gives me the broadest range of software to work with and explore.

I plan to use many different resources to bring this project together. I have most of the equipment I need and can acquire any additional support as needed. Between the classes with MCBS, Lynda.com, and the internet I should be able to fill in any technical knowledge that will help complete the film. My first big hurtle will be writing the screen play, I have a couple books on the subject and plan to do a little more research online. I have a story idea, its just a matter of getting it into a script.

The time goal will be dependent on what Film Festivals are available early next year. Once I find what festival will suit this project I can get a better idea of a time line and set milestones. The screenplay writing can be started now because it is the first step and needs to be done no matter what the submission date is.

No comments:

Post a Comment