Sunday, August 18, 2013

Professional Development Inventory

After last weeks assignment I feel a little more confident about getting a job after achieving my Media Communications degree. With the work I am currently doing in the navy and the training I am receiving with Full Sail University I will have a lot of the professional and technical skills desired by the employers I will be looking at.

I currently do some video editing and processing in my Navy job. I have produced videos for service members to send home to their families. I have documented major events such as Change of Commands, Retirements, and re-enlistments. I have worked mostly on Apple products and software including: Final Cut, Photoshop, Director, Garageband and a few others. The military has also prepared me for working in small groups or on my own with precise instructions and little oversight.

So far at Full Sail I have gotten a lot of reinforcement training on the programs I know and have learned some of the finer in depth tools. I have gotten to know more of the Google suite and how powerful of a tool that can be for collaborating long distance on group projects.


In the job postings I looked at there were minimum experience requirements from 2-5 years. I think between my media heavy position in the Navy and the experiences I’m gaining here at Full Sail I will be able to meet that. I could absolutely use more experience with the finer details of all of the applications of the trade, but I feel the further we get into the Media Communications program the more we will get hands on experience. I would like to work more on developing and pitching an idea. We got to work on this a bit in Technical Writing but I could be it being a big part of any job process.

No comments:

Post a Comment