Sunday, August 25, 2013

Portfolio Project Brainstorming

PopCorny Podcast
My first Project is one that I have wanted to get started for a while now. I have a podcast I would like to get started call PopCorny. The Project would be a media campaign for the podcast. Starting a social media backing for the podcast on Facebook, twitter, and a few others would be a good start. I think the campaign would fall into the Media Execution category but the podcast production would fall into Media Creation.
The outcome of the project would be to raise awareness of the new podcast and possibly have a small audience at the beginning. Then to create an ongoing monthly show that has a few listeners. The project mostly would just require time to create the profiles for the social media sites and making posts to generate awareness of the show and what it is about. These are all things I could do on my own with very little cost. The show itself will be me and one or two co-hosts depending on the availability of my friends. I have the equipment to get started and I will do most all the editing and production. 

At the end I will have at least three social media tie in’s, a web site for the podcast with a comments page and a first episode.

CACO Awareness
The military’s Casualty Assistance Calls Program is used to give families of a deceased military member a liaison to help get a proper military funeral. The program is in need of military members to volunteer their time to the program. I would like to create an awareness campaign for this program to get the support it needs. This would fall mostly into the Media Execution category.

The goal of this project would be to get the attention of military members with a drive to help in their community. Because it is an underfunded program it doesn’t always get the volunteers it needs. Getting a website, social media profiles and more information about the program out there could raise awareness of the need for more volunteers.

The project would need time to create the social media profiles and a social media manager to maintain the profiles, a web designer and a web hosting site, and someone with the training to upkeep the website. The Profiles and web site I could create, but the web hosting site and the social media manager would need to be provided by CACO.

The deliverables for this project would be a writer proposal for the web presence, social media profiles, and a time line for launch.


Film Fest Movie Entry

This would be the most ambitious of my project ideas. I would like to find a local Film Fest, research the entry requirements then create and enter a short film. I will write a script, direct and edit the film. This project sits firmly in the Media Creation category.
The goal of this project will be to have a finish film by the deadline of a local film festival. I’m not too worried about the outcome of the film in the festival it is more about the process of creating the film within the parameters of the festival and getting it submitted within the timeline.
This project will require a lot of research to find the right film festival and learn all the requirements for entries. The time to write the script and the time to film and edit the movie would have to be managed in order to submit on time. The main purpose of this project for me is to learn to manage my time and work within a timeline. 
The deliverables for this project would be a finished movie entered into a local film festival. I would submit the script, the finished movie for review by Full Sail Faculty, and the entry form for the given Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment