Tuesday, June 25, 2013

WK4 Peer Review



Reflect – I definitely understand the logistical nightmare that comes with juggling family work and school. The concept of not knowing what degree plan you really want to focus on has been a fight I faced as well. There were some clever picture/ voice over unions. I like the picture of the digging dog going along with the voice over of “I had to dig a little deeper”. I am also intrigued by the idea of tying in a day at the amusement park with a class assignment. It makes me want to take another at my own story and iron out the kinks in my audio, and add some movement to my images.

Inquire – With your goal of a Bachelors Degree and you desire to write music what field are you looking at with this degree? Was your goal specifically to get the Degree or is the degree a stepping stone to a career goal.

Suggest – I like the execution of the music in the background. It is the right level and adds an emotional tone to the overall video. Have you considered trying a different emotional tone? Your video covers some hard times and difficult situations that the music fits, but you seem to also have some comedic images and phrases. The mention of a puppy child and salt water tank full of fish makes me laugh. A more light hearted musical background could lighten up the feel of the video.

Elevate – You might be able to expand you digital story to include what got you interested in song writing and what you did to fuel you interest in it between high school and starting at Full Sail. It would also be good to hear how you plan to use the Media Communications degree to make a career in the music field or if you desired field has change you could expand on that.

I would like to say that overall I was very impressed with this project. I felt the voice over was well rehearsed and even throughout the narration. The photos went well with the story and added a great emotional support. I liked the technique of the photos slightly moving, that is something I would like to use on my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment