Thursday, June 6, 2013

WK1 Project: My MCBS Story

Before I started the MCBS Program I had a varied media experience through hobbies and professional luck. I got interested in the field early; luckily my Junior High school had a limited TV Film Production class. I had always thought I wanted to continue with the media field and got involved in the TV/Film program in my high school. The three years I spent in the much more advanced classes really fostered my love of creating media entertainment. But then I graduated and had to get a job. I spent several years in the US Army but kept my love of media alive through hobbies and side projects. I got involved in theater and learned the arts of lighting and sound. Eventually I joined the US Navy and switched my professional field to Communications. Because of that I was lucky enough to get selected to work on TV distribution equipment and eventually broadcasting. Because of that I got to work side by side with the Journalists and Mass Communications Sailors producing multimedia presentations a wide range of topics from trainings to safety briefs. Because of that my infatuation with all things Media has revived and strengthened. I was at a loss for some time as to which field I wanted to specialize in. Until finally a friend in the Navy was telling me about his application Full Sail University, he knew of my interest in media arts and suggested I look into it the school myself. And ever since I decided to pursue my passion for media I have been excited to explore new media applications and ways to use them. I am happy to have found the Media Communications degree because it gives me the opportunity to cross the media fields and really dabble in all the areas I enjoy.




There really were a lot of tools that went into the making of this project. For the blog itself I used google not only as the blog host but to look up other possible hosts. Microsoft word was used to type up my drafts then I e-mailed them to myself. The story spine was used to get the structure of the story started. For my image I used my iPhone to take the pictures. Photoshop to put it together. Google was used again to get the stock Navy and Full Sail images. In case it lost on anyone the idea is that I am currently trying to juggle my family, school and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment